Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wow, We Did It!!

Today Buzzy and I can hardly move. We went to Atlanta and ran the Peachtree Road Race. It was great. It all started with a trip to Nana's. We ate spagetti to get ready for the race. Then we went to visit Trey and Jenny. Trey has a kegorator. That is all I have to say. Three beers the night before the race. Probably not great. On race day we woke up at 5:25 and went down to run a 10K. That is a big deal for two people that don't like running. It was great. I ran with my sister because we had a number in the 4th group. Buzzy had a number in the last group. We both finished just fine. I completed the race in 1 hr 20 minutes. I only walked twice and not very far so I was very proud. Buzzy finished the race in 1 hr and 9 minutes. Great considering he hates running. I still had to wait for him for an hour because he was so far back. 55, 000 runners. Look for our pictures online. Until next time....

1 comment:

msrandom said...

Kelley - Congratulations. Maybe next year you'll actually run in the Cooper River Bridge Run, if I go back down for it! haha! That is great you two did it together! Love, JEN